A change of Venue
Destination weddings put the focus on fun, pumping up the enjoyment factor, by joining a wedding with a vacation.
Because travel is involved, travel agents and wedding planners can be enlisted to help with all the details, taking some pressure off the bridal couple.
If you want all your friends and family to share the special day with you, keep in mind that this type of wedding may not work.
While there are negatives to having a wedding away from home, however the growing list of positives attracts more and more couples each year:
* reduced fuss over a wedding that takes place at home, where most of the planning is being handled by the couple
* budgetary factors, including lower costs for a less elaborate affair
* informal choices for wedding attire, saving even more money
* something different for the couples who like to stand out
* alternatives for second weddings or those who prefer less tradition
* loosening of marriage laws overseas, which make it easier for couples to tie the knot in foreign locales
* the opportunity for “destination anniversaries,” where couples can revisit their wedding site for even more memories