Dr. E. A. Martin
An honour graduate of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons, Dr. E. A. Martin was practising in an office in the Garfield Block of Brussels in 1887.
Dr. M. CavanaughDr. M. Cavanaugh practised dentistry in the village circa 1892. His office was located over Pepper Drug Store.
Dr. DavidsonDr. Davidson's dentist office was located over Barrett Barber Ship on Turnberry St., circa 1895.
Dr. R. P. FieldIn and around 1905, Dr. R. P. Field had established a dental practice in the office next to Brewer's Photo Shop.
Dr. HamiltonDr. Richard Hamilton opened his dental office on the west side of Turnberry St., above the building to the south of what is presently the Union Gas office, in 1910. Longtime residents say Dr. Hamilton was famous for his dental work. At that time he pedalled, with his feet, the machine to drill teeth and reportedly when there was a difficult procedure, he called in a third person to hold the patient.
Dr. Hamilton and his wife, the former Ida Bailey, resided in the house now owned by Max Oldfield.
Ida was United Church organist for more than 50 years.
The Hamiltons came to Brussels from the Gorrie/Fordwich area.
By 1926 Dr. Hamilton was, according to the news in The Brussels Post, "laid up with his old trouble, sciatica!"
Dr. C.C. RamageDr. Ramage was the dentist in 1926. His office was located over the Standard Bank.
Dr. Ron CulbertDr. Culbert arrived in the village in 1969, when he established a practice in the Medical/Dental Centre. He and his family resided in a trailer at the west edge of the village before moving to the trailer park.
Following his departure after a few years, the village was without a dentist for some time.
Dr. SpinkDr. William Spink graduated from the University of Western Ontario's Faculty of Dentistry in 1982. He opened his office at the Brussels Medical/Dental Centre in June 28, 1982, with his wife Claudia, as assistant. The Spinks, who still practise here, also live in Brussels.
A report in the April 8, 1887 issue of The Brussels Post states that Dr. Martin had "received all the necessary appliances for administering gas for the painless extraction of teeth. This move will be appreciated by his patients."